Although these two adjoining properties are technically in Mantua, they have been nominated because of their historical significance. Because of their type of architecture, it has been determined by the nominator that this building group is the oldest wood clad … Continue reading
Photo Credit: Jas Mundie Hawthorne Hall is a large building on a main thoroughfare– at 3849 Hamilton Street where it intersects with Lancaster Ave, which is recorded as the first road opened in West Philadelphia. Hawthorne Hall was built in … Continue reading
Built by the architect George Savage who lived three blocks down, this church dates between 1909 and 1932, according to the Philadelphia Historical and Museum Commission Database. It is in the Gothic Revival and Art Deco style, and is … Continue reading
These adjoining structures are on the corner of 47th and Chester and were built in 1915. The building is obviously abandoned. The windows are boarded up, there is a significant amount of deterioration on the front facade, the paint on … Continue reading
4824 Baltimore Ave has been nominated because it is an interesting case of the “revival of an abandoned building.” Formerly a bank, and then the site of the Beulah Tabernacle church, 4824 Baltimore has been purchased to be the site … Continue reading
This gallery contains 3 photos.
4224 Spruce Street is the home connected to the UC Arts League right near the intersection of 43rd and Spruce. It is a single family home, about 4200 square feet, and it was recently purchased on March 21st, 2011. It … Continue reading
This gallery contains 5 photos.
This historic church is on the corner of 38th and Baring and was nominated by two different people. It is currently owned by a real estate company, who rented it out this July to the Catalyst for Change Church. According … Continue reading