Historic Districts and Historic Sites
in West Philadelphia
University City and West Philadelphia have several districts and many individual sites that are of historic interest; many have been placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Historic University City & West Philadelphia
Available for Order
Available from UCHS
- Parkside Historic District
- Bounded by Penn-Central Railroad Tracks, 38th Street, Girard, Parkside, and Belmont Avenues
- Haddington Historic District
- 6000 Blocks of Market, Ludlow, and Chestnut Streets
- Overbrook Farms Historic District
- Roughly bounded by City Line Avenue, 58th Street, Woodbine Avenue, and 64th Street
- Cobbs Creek Automobile Suburb Historic District
- Roughly bounded by Cobbs Creek Parkway, Spruce St., 62nd St., and Angora St.
Hamilton Mansion at the Woodlands Cemetery. Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Detroit Publishing Company Collection. c. 1900